J-Scope VST Oscilloscope plugin
J-Scope is a VST* oscilloscope plugin, which can prove invaluable to anyone who develops audio software and has a need to diagnose problems or visualise waveforms.
In operation it is very similar to a real oscilloscope, and most controls will be familiar to anybody who has used a hardware 'scope. The addition of a control for phosphor decay time allows the examination of rapidly changing waveforms as well as slowly evolving sound envelopes.
J-Scope accepts a stereo signal, and can display it in several modes:
- Two separate traces, L and R
- Single trace, sum of L and R
- Single trace, difference between L and R
- X/Y (Lissajous) plot, L vs R
- X/Y (Lissajous) plot, Sum(L+R) vs Diff(L-R)
- One-shot trigger mode with optional pre- or post-delay
- Linear, logarithmic and polar graticules
- Cursor measurement of level, time, frequency, note
- Timebase from 1s/div (0.1Hz) to 0.1ms/div (1kHz)
- Gain (Y) from x0.1 to x100
- DC or AC coupled
- Variable X-offset of trace(s)
- Y-offsets of stereo traces individually adjustable
- Adjustable trigger level, on positive or negative slopes
- Delayed triggering
- Display 'freeze' option
- Adjustable phosphor persistence
- Optional graticule with variable brightness
- 8 preset modes for quick setup
J-Scope is donation-ware, downloadable from this site only - you may not sell it, make
it available through any other website, or redistribute it in any way without my express permission.
To install, simply extract the file jscope.dll or jscope_x64.dll and copy it to your VST directory.
If you find J-Scope useful, you might like to buy me a virtual beer by making a small donation.
J-Scope was developed using the excellent Skinman and Knobman GUI tools from g200kg.
Disclaimer: J-Scope is believed to function as described above
and is offered in good faith on an as-is basis. However, you use it at your own risk -
I cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused by the installation or use of this software.
J-Scope is currently available as a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows VST 2.4 plugin.